In order to better serve the City of Roxboro, the Public Works Department would like to remind citizens of the ordinances dealing Garbage and Refuse
- No tree limbs, shrubs or other material shall be mixed with the leaves. PLEASE SEPARATE MATERIALS.
- Nothing more than six inches in diameter and no more than 60 inches in length. Brush must be placed with cut end towards curb, so it can be loaded into chippers. All wood larger than three inches in diameter must be cut to a maximum length of 30 inches. MATERIAL MUST MEET CODE BEFORE IT CAN BE COLLECTED.
- All refuse receptacles shall be placed adjacent to the street/curb for collection on the scheduled garbage pick-up day, or after 4:00 p.m. on the preceding day; After collection, all refuse receptacles shall be taken back to their proper storage location, by 6:00 p.m. on the day following the scheduled garbage pick- up day
- Every person required to maintain a garbage or refuse receptacle shall periodically clean and disinfect the receptacle in order to assure easy emptying by the collector and to eliminate flies, disease and pests. PLEASE CLEAN YOUR CART BEFORE SERVICE CAN BE RESTORED.
- BUILDING RUBBISH SHALL BE COLLECTED, REMOVED AND DISPOSED OF BY THE CONTRACTOR OR BUILDER OR BY THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY. Rubbish from construction, remodeling and repair operations on houses, commercial buildings and other structures, including but not limited to excavated earth, stones, brick, plaster, carpet, toilets, lumber, concrete and waste parts occasioned by installations and replacements.
- BANNED RECYCLEABLES MUST BE DISPOSED OF PROPERLY AND CAN NOT BE REMOVED BY THE CITY. Florescent lights, Oil and Oil filters, White Goods (washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.), Electronics (TV’s, Computers, etc.), Tires, Wooden Pallets cannot be taken to the landfill.
If you have any questions regarding Residential Garbage Collection please call 336-599-5658 between the hours of 7:30AM and 4:00PM Monday-Friday.