The police department has historical relationships with the community. Those relationships foster community trust with the department and facilitate the overall mission for the City. The police department promotes Unity in CommUNITY through action and relationships.
Some regular community events include:
- Barbershop Uncut series
- Barbershop Uncut is a partnership with minority barbers to host community meetings in their barbershop where community members and police can have "uncut" conversations to breakdown barriers and build relationships.
- Coffee with a Cop
- Shop with a Cop
- National Night Out
- Back to School Block Party
- Reading books to students
- Citizen’s Police Academy
- Advanced Citizen's Police Academy for CPA Alumni
- Cookout, Community and Cops
- Police Activity and Athletics League (PAAL) [In development phase]
- PAAL is a Non-Profit organization that works with at risk youth to develop life skills, mentoring, and participate in recreation sporting. Law Enforcement and other Public Safety professionals will serve as mentors. The program will serve as means to bridge the gap with at risk youth to divert them from the criminal justice system.
- And other Community opportunities.